"Lazy Social" N16 Cafe Review : Poor Customer Service and Wasn’t Able to Get a Receipt - BWTMONLINE VIDEO BLOG PAGE

WELCOME TO THE BWTMONLINE BLOGGER PAGE - ALL THE NEWS, SPORTS, ENTERTAINMENT, EXCLUSIVES . HEALTH AND LIFE STYLE , GAMING VIDEOS ON THIS PAGE

Breaking

Thursday 30 October 2014

"Lazy Social" N16 Cafe Review : Poor Customer Service and Wasn’t Able to Get a Receipt


















Review of the "Lazy Social" Cafe, Stoke Newington, London, N16


My husband recommended this new café to me some time ago. When he first recommended it I could never find it. However, one day, I stumbled upon this seemingly wonderful café, I walked in and met a young lady named Ramona and a young Black guy, I don’t recall his name. Anyway, we talked briefly as I was only passing through and really did not have time to stay but only about 3-5 minutes. Yet, their spirit inspired me to make it a point to return and enjoy whatever would suit my taste buds when I should stumble upon them again.  I had only a couple of moments to drink my cucumber water, but the way which they explained to me how to make at home, and I must say that I have tried not only the cucumber infused water but since then apple, cinnamon and orange.  I must say quite fabulous indeed.

As I carefully budgeted the short amount of time left in the café, drinking my cucumber infused water, I was suddenly drawn to the, “Book Orphanage.”  Me being an author and fascinated by such a brilliant idea, I asked and Ramona and the young man gladly explained. I felt so welcomed by how the two of them treated me that I made it a point to be sure to stop back every chance I got and to find something that would suit my pocket and my taste buds at the moment. So on another occasion, I stumbled on it again, stilled pushed for time and on my own divine journey being led to wherever the winds guided me for that day. SMILE. I wanted a pastry, but then it was important to know what type of oil they used in their pastries. A different young lady I do not know her name did not know what type of oil was used. She explained that they get their pastries from Spence Bakery. So I walked to Spence bakery just to ask what type of oil they used in the baked good provided to the café and what a wonderful journey to not only run into excellent customer service at Spence Bakery on Church Street in Stoke Newington, London, but to learn that they use 100% butter. Yeah!!!! So I was satisfied now that when I visit this café that I would be able to order their baked goods and not worry about or wonder what I was eating.

So, when my husband and I was walking one day, I pointed out the café and he said, “Atiya, that is the bakery I was telling your about.” I was excited because I told him about the two people that were very kind, and we stopped very briefly in so I could show him the cucumber water, drop off my book, and we both recognized that they had free wifi.

So now we decided, this is a place where we could come and enjoy relaxation, have tea, lunch or whatever worked for us on the day.

So this morning, we got up with the intentions of spending some time in the café. I must say, everything is not always as it appears to be. It is very different when you are just popping in momentarily, than when you actually sit in and eat something. It is much easier to gauge the vibe, the aura, the customer service, and whatever else there is to learn. My husband and I ordered drinks and food, and were very peaceful and prepared to spend some time and resources in the café. Ramona remembered me and I told her I dropped my book, From Ordinary to Extraordinary off at the book orphanage as I promised. She was very pleasant and gentle. Anyway, when I ordered this other young lady mentioned earlier, took my order. I asked about the Leek, Parsnip, and Ginger soup. Because I was not familiar but I wanted to keep my heart and mind open to try something new, I asked before I ordered a big bowl, could I taste just a small spoonful. They had it refrigerated and she said that it is cooled down and difficult to provide a sample to see if it was something I would like. So, I asked my husband what he thought because I was not sure.

He said go for it. So I did! Well, when I tasted the soup, I did not taste ginger at all. I think the overall taste must have been the leek because I had never tasted leek, but all I know is the soup was horrible to the taste. I tried so hard to eat it, but I could not. It was awful. The bread from Spence Bakery was very nice though. Anyway, I went up with the bowl of soup and was waited on by Ramona. I said, “I don’t like this. I tried very hard to eat it, but I just can’t it is not good at all. Ramona was very gentle and kind and asked me did I want a refund or did I just want to choose something else. I said I do not want a refund, I want to get something else. So I started to look for something else and the other young lady stepped in and said no. We do not give refunds. I said, “Oh, no, I am not asking for a refund, I am choosing something else.” She said that it is still a refund. So for a brief moment Ramona looked as if she felt really bad and apologized and said I should’ve checked first. The other young lady was insistent that I not exchange it or get a refund. She maintained the position that I should not have ordered it.

I said to both of them that I do not want to make an issue I just do not like it and willing to get something else. Ultimately the other young lady said no because the ingredients are listed. Then the young lady said I would not order something that I did not know how it would taste. I shared with her that I wanted to keep my mind and heart open and be willing to try something new. So I said to her with Ramona standing there that Ramona is saying yes, you are saying no so…then a tall guy came in and said, then I would say no too because we listed our ingredients out there. He then walked away.

So, said to the other young lady while Ramona was standing there, “It is a matter of choice., right? You could actually say yes, but you are choosing to say no.” She said yes. I said but it is within your authority and power to say yes, but you are choosing to say no, even though Ramona has already said yes. The other young lady said yes it is within her power, but she is saying no, because she would not order anything that she did not know what it taste like and implied that I should not have ordered it. So for her even though she can say yes and has the authority to say yes, she is saying no.

So, I left her with a few words of wisdom, and decided that the Lazy Social Café on Stoke Newington High Street was not one that I was interested in returning to not because of the food, but because of the spirit, energy, and service of those who are in charge, which places their workers who do offer great service and the reason why my husband and I came in compromising positions in front of the customers and who could learn a lesson or two from their line staff. So, Ingram and I prepared to leave and were not given a receipt for what we purchased. When asked for a receipt, Ramona and a third young lady was unable to provide one as they said they did not have the authority to provide us with a receipt. Go figure so not only did we get poor service we were unable to get a receipt as we requested although Ingram needed it for business purposes.

Everything is not as it appears to be. Would I recommend The Lazy Social Café – Absolutely not! However, I would if you are a business owner looking for a great worker who knows how to truly treat your customers. Stop by and RESCUE Ramona from the hands of ungrateful leadership!


Atiya

No comments:

Post a Comment